Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Liberica at Palembang Icon

I am not an avid coffee drinker but I dont mind trying new coffee shop that seems to be a trend here. Many new coffee shops open just like mushrooms grow in rainy season. This Liberica coffee shop is the second outlet in Palembang, the older one located in Rajawali village which I have never visited since it was too far. The second outlet is in Palembang Icon mall, only 10 minutes super lazy stroll from my office. I am still on holiday so I went to post office today and stopped at Palembang Icon mall for quick lunch and another holiday shopping (yaay). The funny thing is the Liberica outlet located in front of Starbucks outlet and I have always been a Starbucks girl :D 

On the outside wall
Liberica taken from inside of Starbucks outlet
I like their interior with black color and bricks dominated the whole room. I went to second floor which was a bit of mistake when I realised the light was too minimum to take photo of my lunch. The name of Liberica is taken from a rare coffee bean variant, and they sell 100% original Indonesia coffee bean. Unlike Starbucks, at Liberica you can order more than just coffee, they also sell beer, wine and heavy (carbo) food like sandwiches, salad, soups, pizzadillas, pasta, steak, Asian noodles, Indonesian rice dishes plus various of deserts and cakes.
view from second floor
Despite of "the lack of light" on second floor, I like it there because I could watch people from above, it is very interesting to be a silent observer hahaa. To my surprise, I was not the only person who enjoyed second floor,  it was full packed, there were 2 tables with family and kids eating lunch next to my table and another 3 tables with modern youngsters chilling out whilst first floor had only one table occupied. I ordered hot cappuccino and fettuccine alfredo to satisfy my empty stomach. Their menu is a bit pricey for my pocket but experience cannot be measured by how many digits you spent hahaa.

The cheapest drink was tea for 25.000 idr or $1,87 and the chepeast food was soup for 30.000 idr or $2,24, and all the price do not include tax and service charge, so be prepared and dont get shock for the final bill.
Woow... I was just thinking that I could buy a box of Twinning tea for the same amount of money :P
the coffee section menu
Fettuccine Alfredo for 45.000 idr or $3,36 
Hot Cappucino for 35.000 idr or $2,61
A little note for my lunch, the garlic bread was huge (which I dont mind at all), the chicken and mushroom was nice but I wish the fettuccine had more creamy sauce as it was a bit dry without generous sauce and not sure if they forgot liquid sugar for my cappuccino or I was expected to ask for the liquid sugar because it wasn't part of the coffee. Maybe next time I should just order familiar menu like Asian noodles or Indonesian rice dishes, and everyday from 11 am-2 pm they give free regular iced lemon tea for every purchase of sandwiches and main course (keep in mind, pasta is not main course).

Oohh...today is "bring your own tumbler" day to get 50% discount at Starbucks for every 22nd each month.
Of course I didn't miss it, you see....I am always a Starbucks girl :D

Hot signature chocolate
Liberica Coffee Palembang Icon Mall
Ground Floor, North Lobby
Phone : 0711-5649406
Open : 10 am-10pm
www.libericacoffee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment